Cellphone Repair Technician
Does learning about the latest technology, working with people, and managing a store interest you? If so, this is a great opportunity to grow with SmartphonesPLUS, a start-up based here in Iowa. We are looking for an independent, self-starter to help us manage a device repair, sale, and buy-back kiosk in the Coral Ridge Mall. iPhone and/or Android phone repair experience is required. It’s also a plus if you are familiar with iPad and tablet repair.
Daily Tasks Include:
- Answering customers questions, concerns, and providing repair/device buyback quotes in person, over the phone, email, and through social media.
- Diagnosing smartphone and tablet issues
- Successfully repair smartphones and tablets
- Provide accurate trade-in quotes to customers based on an evaluation of their device
- Sell phones, tablets, laptops, and accessories
- Accurately use our point of sale (POS) software to track all customer transactions
Skills & Requirements:
- Previous sales, business, management, or marketing experience is preferred, but not required.
- A good working knowledge of electronics (phones, tablets, laptops) in general.
- Excellent customer service skills as well as oral and written communication skills.
- Results oriented.
- Proficient in the use of Google Apps & Microsoft Excel.
- Self-motivated and strong work ethic.
- Provides customers with courteous, friendly, fast, and efficient service.
- Attention to detail.
- Problem solving ability.
- A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- A flexible schedule.
- 1 – 2 years of customer service
- Phone, tablet, and/or computer repair experience
- $10 – $15/hr + commissions & bonuses
- Coral Ridge Mall – Coralville, IA
Communication method(s) used:
- In person
- Social Media
$10.00 to $15.00 /hour + commission
- iPhone or Android Phone Repair: 1 year (Required)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Retail Sales: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- People-oriented — supportive and fairness-focused
- Monday – Saturday: 10am-9pm
- Sunday: 11am – 6pm