Read some commonly asked questions. If you cannot find the answer to your question please use the contact form at the bottom of the page.
We try to make our selling process as straightforward and easy as possible.
- Click the blue sell button on our homepage and on the top banner or hover/click on Sell Your Device on the top menu.
- Once you have found your device you will be prompted to answer a few questions and will be given an instant quote.
- Click continue and proceed to checkout.
- During checkout, tell us how you want to be paid and if you need a box and packaging materials.
- Click place order and the transaction will be completed.
Once your order is placed you will be sent a shipping label and instructions by email explaining how to ship/prepare your device. With SmartphonesPLUS shipping is always free!
Our conditions are:
- Excellent: New cosmetic appearance and functions as if it has not yet been used. For example, no cosmetic issues, no scratches and/or scuffs, no dents, no cracks, no water damage, all buttons/ports work, still fully functional, no LCD burn/ghost image, no pixel damage, and the screen must light up normally.
- Good: Normal signs of use. May have a couple light scratches. No clear/deep scratches, scuffs, or dents. No cracks, no water damage, all buttons/ports work, must be fully functional, no LCD burn/ghost image, no pixel damage, and the screen must light up normally.
- Fair: Heavy signs of use, deep or multiple scratches and/or scuffs, dents, no cracks, no water damage, all buttons/ports work, still fully functional, no LCD burn/ghost image, no pixel damage, and the screen must light up normally.
- Broken: Does not function normally, cracked screen/back, water damaged, LCD burn/pixel damage, bad port(s), the battery does not hold a charge or has a bad battery health, all parts of the device must be included.
- No Power: The device does not power on, turn on, or work. All parts of the device must be included.
- No. We cannot accept devices that have been reported as lost or stolen. The device you sell must be yours to sell and must not have been reported.
- Any information left on your device will be erased and the device will be reset to factory settings.
- Tap on Settings and click on your name visible on the top of the screen.
- A menu will appear. Scroll down to the bottom and tap Sign Out.
- Enter your Apple ID and password on the login screen, and then tap Turn off.
- Next, turn on the data options you desire to maintain a copy of.
- Tap Sign Out. Tap Sign Out again, as the device asks for confirmation.
- You have successfully logged out!
Follow the directions below to log out remotely.
- Sign in to icloud.com/find with your Apple ID (the one you use with iCloud). If you’re using another iCloud app, click the app’s name at the top of the iCloud.com window, then click Find My iPhone.
- Click All Devices, then select the device.
- Click “Erase Device”, then enter your Apple ID password. Because the device is not lost, do not enter a phone number or message. If the device is offline, the remote erase begins the next time it’s online. You will receive an email when the device is erased.
- When the device is erased, click “Remove from Account.”
***If you do not remove the iCloud account from your Apple device, the device will be returned to you or recycled, as it cannot be activated by another user. If you are having trouble removing your iCloud account, please contact our support team.
Prepare your device for shipment:
- Remove your iCloud or Google/Samsung account and all passwords.
- Please note: We do not accept devices that are locked or reported lost or stolen.
- Deactivate carrier service and pay off any remaining balance on your account.
- Please contact your carrier to pay any balance due on your device or to terminate service. We may send you a revised offer or have to return your device if this has not been completed.
- Backup files if necessary then factory reset your device.
- We recommend that you backup any files or photos that you would like saved and then factory restore the device.
- Remember to remove SD or SIM cards from your device
- If you are using your own box, make sure that it is durable and use enough packing materials to protect your device. (Suggested packing material: cardboard box, padded envelope, bubble wrap, newspaper, foam, etc.)
- Print your shipping label and tape it to the top of your box. Your shipping label is sent to the email address provided to SmartphonesPLUS at checkout.
- Drop off your box at your local USPS location. To find the nearest shipping location click here.
- Yes, we do accept water damaged devices. These fall under our “Broken” or “No Power” category depending on if the phone works or not. Many times water damaged devices can seem to work normally that is why it is best to make sure you check the water damage indicator on your device to see if it has been in contact with water.
- Yes, you can put more than one device in a box. Just make sure that you get a quote on each device. Multiple items in one box tend to bump into each other which may cause damage so make sure to package them well with extra packing materials.
- If you are unable to find your device on our site submit a request for a custom quote. Be sure to include the brand, model, condition, GB size, carrier, and any other information to help us determine the value. Our team will reach out to you as soon as possible with a quote and help with any additional questions.
- Yes! You may ship using your own box. You will still receive a free shipping label for your box. We actually recommend using your own box as it is an eco-friendly option and may be faster. Just be sure that you pack your device well. If you have any doubts you can always contact our support team, and we will send you a box and packaging materials.
- You do not need to include the accessories with your device unless it is specified. We do not offer more for phone accessories. Although, if you are selling a computer (Mac, Surface, etc.) your offer will be reduced if you do not include the AC adapter, charger, and keyboard, if applicable.
- We do not offer more for phone accessories. Although, if you are selling a computer (MacBook, Surface, etc.) your offer will be reduced if you do not include the AC adapter, charger, and keyboard, if applicable.
- We will send you an email notification stating that our inspection team found your device to be in a different condition than was specified during the quoting process. If this occurs, you will receive a revised quote and will be prompted to accept or decline this new offer. If you accept, payment will be sent to you. If you decline, we will return your device.
- We will send you an email notification stating that our inspection team found that your device was a different model than was specified during the quoting process. If this occurs, you may receive a revised quote and will be prompted to accept or decline this new offer. If you accept, payment will be sent to you. If you decline, we will return your device.
- Yes, you will receive your package’s tracking number by email and will be able to track the package through your mail carrier’s site. We will also give you updates once your device is received and inspected.
- There is no limit. If you are sending multiple items you can use our Bulk Trade-In option. You can find this by hovering over BusinessPLUS on the top banner and selecting Bulk Trade-in from the drop-down menu.
- We will send you an email notifying you of a revised offer. You must accept or decline the new offer. If you decline the offer, we will return your device.
- Yes, because the value of electronic devices decrease over time your offer does expire. Your cash offer will be valid for 30 days. After this time you will be required to receive an updated quote.
- SmartphonesPLUS takes environmental sustainability very seriously. We accept unused electronic devices at the end of their life cycle so that we can properly dispose of them. Although we may not be able to offer cash for certain devices you can send them to us for recycling. We also reuse and recycle our device boxes, because of this we ask you to take care when handling your SmartphonesPLUS box.
Email: [email protected]
3315 Williams Blvd. SW Suite 2-180
Cedar Rapids, IA 52404
Do you still have a question? Please fill out the form below and we will do our best to help you!